Welcome to CU Hip Preservation Program
Our program offers patients both surigcal and non-surgical options utilizing the latest technologies to diagnosis, manage and treat hip conditions and hip pain. Our passion is diagnosing, analyzing, and treating the full spectrum of hip and pelvis disorders.
While there are many physicians who perform hip surgeries, our service is dedicated to the preservation of the hip and the prolonging of high level physical activity. Few physicians perform hip arthroscopy, and even fewer execute complex realignment procedures of the pelvis and upper femur. Given the difficulty of accurately diagnosing hip problems, patients often exhaust possibilities through countless visits to multiple physicians.
Here, you will be seen by one of a select few surgeons in the nation, who can integrate the complexities of a case to devise the most efficient, long-term treatment plan.
No two patients are the same; no two treatment plans are identical. Let us explore the different options together and show you the path to a pain-free, active lifestyle.
Common conditions we treat
We work collaboratively to treat, operatively and non-operatively, all sports medicine conditions—no matter how complex or otherwise.
Here are just a few examples.
- Femoral acetabular impingement via Pincer, Cam, Mixed-type, extra articular impingement, and other impingement mechanisms
- Labral damage, tear, and degeneration via labral repair and labral reconstruction
- Hip dysplasia via peri-acetabular- osteotomy
- Excessive femoral anteversion via de-rotational femoral osteotomy
- Piriformis syndrome
- Hamstring acute tears and chronic tendinopathy via minimally invasive procedure
- Gluteal medius/minimus pathology
- Osteitis pubis via debridement or pubic joint fusion
- Adductor pathology
- Rectus femoris avulsion
- Meralgia paresthetica
- Avascular Necrosis
- Hip Bursitis
Please visit www.cuhipclinic.com for more information
- Dr. Omer Mei-Dan (see restrictions)
- Dr. Sherrie Ballantine
- Dr. Brad Changstrom
- Dr. Rachel Brakke-Holman
- Dr. Adele Meron
- Dr. Aaron Provance (22 or under)
- Dr. Karin VanBaak